Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Requiem...

Uncle Sonny's death caught us all by surprise, to say the least. The last time I had the chance to talk to him was when he went for a vacation in the PH over six years ago. I would have wanted to attend his interment but I wasn't able to secure my visa on time. Besides, I'm in the rut with this month-end training I was tasked to conduct for our AP sysadmins and equipment engineers/owners (more on this on another post).

Going back to Uncle Sonny, he was the epitome of a self-made man. He went on to join the US Navy despite my Lolo's vehement disapproval. Once on an assignment in Japan, he married Aunt Sally. Eventually, they would settle down in San Diego, California.

One unforgettable moment I had with Uncle Sonny happened in Pangasinan during my Dad's wake. I was barely 11 years old when my father passed away in Saudi. Uncle Sonny made an offer to me and my Mom for him to adopt me but I declined. Tsk, tsk, tsk what would have happened had I accepted the offer, only God knows. I'm gonna miss the fella bigtime...

Btw, my sister Nitz is on her way to San Francisco (where Uncle Roger and our cousins are) and will proceed to San Diego before Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home